Procurement and Contracts Committee
1st meeting on 29 April 2015
The Procurement and Contracts Committee (PCC) which replaces the former Executive Committee provides the Director with recommendations on procurement, contract and grant activities. The PCC shall:
- recommend the award of contracts with a value greater than EUR 10 million and grants with a value greater than EUR 4 million;
- comment on draft ITER Procurement Arrangements between Fusion for Energy and the ITER International Organization;
- comment upon the overall strategies proposed by F4E for delivering each ITER procurement package;
- recommend the individual procurement strategies for the individual calls for tender or proposals in advance of launching contracts or grants with a value estimated to be in excess of the above mentioned thresholds;
- comment upon the model procurement contracts, grant agreements and framework partnership agreements.
The Chair of the Procurement and Contracts Committee is appointed by the Governing Board for a period of two years, renewable once. The PCC Chair also participates in the meetings of the Governing Board.
Mr Herkko Plit was elected by the Governing Board Chair until 31 December 2017.
Mr Herkko Plit, Chair of the Procurement and Contracts Committee
The PCC comprises 13 members appointed by the Governing Board from among persons with relevant professional experience in contractual and procurement matters. The PCC members have to be independent in the performance of their duties, acting in the general interest of the Fusion for Energy. The members of the PCC are appointed by the Governing Board for a period of two years, renewable once.